CHEF MARK ESTEE
Mark Estee is an award-winning chef, restaurateur and visionary on a mission to reinvent dining culture as we know it. Now flanked with a superstar team of partners, Estee is prepared to parlay 20 years of experience into building a restaurant empire. This includes expanding into new regions, harnessing new technology platforms, exploring new restaurant concepts, hiring talented teams and embracing a diversity of opportunities.
When it comes to the growth of his businesses, it’s not just restaurants he’s creating; it’s a culture of learning, caring and respect. “No jerks need apply,” as he often jokes, reflects the importance integrity holds at his workplace. His belief is that by instilling strong values, restaurants are capable of operating smoothly on their own. These qualities not only empower employees, but serve to build strong foundations with producers, purveyors, customers and the community at large.
Today, Estee owns Liberty Food & Wine Exchange in downtown Reno, The Union in downtown Carson City, chez louie inside the Nevada Museum of Art, the historic Overland Restaurant & Pub, and the recently opened Cucina Lupo in Carson City. He’s also the managing partner at Campo Mammoth. He’s been featured on the Food Network and Cooking Channel, is a James Beard Award nominee, was awarded Best New Restaurant by Esquire, and was honored as Entrepreneur of the Year by the Reno Gazette Journal. A pioneer and champion for uniting regional farmers and suppliers with a thriving restaurant scene, his commitment to community is the cornerstone of his ongoing success.
Estee can be found splitting his time between restaurants, where he makes sure to spend time at the front of the house, talking to customers, overseeing the kitchen, and making sure all of his establishments are equipped with the tools they need to operate smoothly and independently. When he isn’t at one of his restaurants, he’s out looking for ways to scale his impact. His enthusiasm and larger-than-life personality continues to inspire those around him, a quality that, no doubt, continues to serve his mission well.
Mark Estee’s Restaurants
Liberty Food & Wine Exchange (Owner)
chez louie (Owner)
The Union (Owner)
Overland Restaurant & Pub (Owner)
Campo Mammoth (Managing Partner)
Awards, Accolades & Appearances
- Golden Shovel Award – Nevada Grown, 2016
- MSNBC – Your Business, 2015
- Kids Cook For Success (an arm of Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move Campaign) – Selected as Nevada’s Top Chef, 2014
- Cooking Channel – Bite This with Nadia G, 2014
- Food Network – Guys Grocery Games, 2014
- Reno Chamber of Commerce – Community Spirit, 2014
- James Beard House in New York City, 2013
- Reno Gazette Journal – Entrepreneur of the Year, 2013
- Food Network – Guy Fieri’s Top 10 Burger, 2013
- Food Network – Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, 2013
- James Beard Semifinalist – Best Chef, West, 2013
- Trattoria the Movie, 2013
- 4-Diamond Awahnee Hotel in Yosemite
- Pebble Beach Food and Wine Expo
- Lake Tahoe Autumn Food and Wine Festival
- Los Angeles Food and Wine Festival